Monday 9 August 2010

Pebble walking on the East Coast

I have just returned from a super weekend of exercise and relaxation on the Suffolk coast. 

Sunday morning Lisa, Justin and I walked along the beach on the pebbles from Sizewell to Aldebugh and then back along the footpath at the top of the cliff (approx. 8 miles total).  Pebble walking offers great resistence training but the noisy crunching under foot makes chatting difficult.  Therefore, I recommend walking along a pebble beach only when you are either (a) on your own or (b) walking with people you don't want to talk to!
In the afternoon I cycled to Aldeburgh and back (No! Not along the pebbles - that would have been ridiculous)

This morning as I was on my own I opted for pebble walking along the beach from Sizewell to Dunwich and back (approx. 9 miles).  I spotted several twitchers crouching in the bushes at Minsmere - what a strange hobby!

We have a definite lack of mountains in East Anglia on which to train so pebble beach walking seems to offer the best solution (outisde of the gym) for building up leg muscles ready for the climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment