Tuesday 19 October 2010

Exhausted and I haven't gone anywhere yet!!!

Two days until I leave and I am absolutely knackered.

What with 10 hour days trying to get on top of my mountainous workload ready for the first 'break' I've had for 15 months coupled with restless nights tossing and turning thinking about mountain climbing.  All in all not a great combination to make me feel at my peak ready for the most physically and mentally demanding challenge of my life.

On top of this my bag is 3kg overweight so I've now got to thin out the contents - it looks very much as if the snack reserves are going to have to go...au revoir Mars, Minstrels and Fruesli bars - I will miss you!

My son has set me up with a new iphone so I can 'phone home'.  Unfortunately there are so many apps and icons on the screen I have to put my reading glasses on everytime I answer the blinking thing to work out what part of the screen to tap.  So much for keeping in touch on the mountain, more like 'guaranteed to make you feel over the hill!' 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment