Thursday 14 October 2010

7 days to go

This time next week I will be sitting on a plane heading towards Kilimanjaro.

I have started preparing my feet by rubbing them with surgical spirit, I'm told that this hardens the skin.  I have no idea if it will prevent blisters but it's worth a go.

I have bought several cans of Iso Energy food supplement from Holland & Barrett to dissolve into the water rations in my Camelback on Kili.  It promises to support 'optimum functioning of mental and physical performance' and helps 'maintain mental focus, stamina and alertness'.  Well!  It certainly sounds impressive.  Let's hope it does exactly what it says on the tin.  To be honest I'll just be pleased if it masks the foul taste of the iodine or chlorine that the porters will be using to purify the water.

I have also bought myself a Timex watch with a watchface that lights up so I will be able to check exactly how long I'm not sleeping for when I'm laying in a tent on the pitch dark mountainside.

I surely must be done on the purchasing items for this trip now.  It's certainly not being done on a shoestring budget......oh yes - must buy spare pair of boot laces!

No comments:

Post a Comment