Tuesday 21 September 2010

A bag packing puzzler

Having taken delivery of the last item of kit required for my Kilimanjaro trip - the four seasons sleeping bag - I now face a bag packing puzzler.

The combination of the sleeping bag, self inflating mattress and down summit jacket take up the lions share of the space in the bag.  Then comes the rubble sack containing my clothes (of which there are not many); washbag, toilet roll, tupperware bowl 'potty'; spare water bottles (2) and a few other small miscellaneous items.

Problem is the zip won't do up!

Now I face a conundrum - what do I leave behind?   Certainly not the toilet roll, apparently they are not provided on the mountain.  I have suggested to my sister, who will be sharing a tent with me, that we could share her tupperware 'potty' but she's adamant that this is not going to happen (can't think why!).   

What am I to do?

Mild hysteria is setting in!

No comments:

Post a Comment