Sunday 15 August 2010

I am pleased with myself!

Two months ago I set out to improve my poor cardio vascular fitness in preparation for climbing Kilimanjaro.

I started by jogging around the 4.5km block each day for a month, building up to the 5km race for life 4 weeks ago.  Since then I have stuck to cycling, on the advice of my personal trainer, to take the pressure off my achilles which was starting to twinge.

This afternoon I decided to test how much my CV fitness has improved by jogging on the treadmill at the gym.  I managed to jog for a whole hour!!! a distance of 9km.  I set the treadmill up for speed interval training alternating between a jog speed of 7km per hour and a run speed of 10km per hour finishing with a 1 minute sprint at 13km per hour.  The best news is that my heartrate did not exceed 140 beats per minute, this is a massive improvement because at the beginning of the year my heartate reached 180 beats per minute after 2 minutes on the cross trainer!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment