Sunday 13 June 2010

Pebble dash & Seagull splash

This morning I walked along the pebble beach from Sizewell to Aldeburgh and back, a 7.5 mile walk in total.  I have been told that walking on the pebbles is good resistence and CV training, so I thought I would give it a go.  I tried walking as quickly as possible to keep my heartrate up.  With the wind full in my face and lungs full of fresh air, it's a great way to train. 

I know this part of the heritage coast well, having spent many years holidaying here since I was a child.
I was really saddened to find that at Thorpeness a 1/4 mile section of the beach has given way to the sea and the sandy cliffs are being reinforced with rock filled wire baskets.  I can't help thinking that the row of houses along this section of the coast are now on borrowed time, what a shame.

At Aldeburgh I bought myself an ice-cream and headed back along the top path.  There are several fishermans huts along this path that sell fresh fish and a flock of Seagulls were circling overhead.  One of the birds swooped down and splattered the lady walking six feet in front of me from head to foot in runny white muck.  That's one way to ruin a perfectly good Sunday stroll!     

No comments:

Post a Comment