Sunday 27 June 2010

Orwell 25 mile charity walk

Today Lisa, Justin, Justins brother Joe and I took part in the Rotary 25 mile walk around the River Orwell.
We started at 7.20am on the hottest day of the year so far.





















Joe, Lisa & Justin - about 8 miles into the walk.

There were check points at intervals along the route providing refreshments and marking our cards.



















My checkpoint card.

I had forgotton to take my rings off and by the 15 miles point my fingers, hands and wrists were seriously swollen so at the checkpoint I sat for 10 minutes with my arms in the air until the fluid drained from my hands sufficiently for me to prise the rings from my strangled fingers.

We kept up a good pace throughout the walk averaging 3.5 miles per hour overall.  The incentive was getting back in time for the England v Germany kick off at 3.00pm.  We made it with 10 minutes to spare.
























Pleased to be finished!

I treated myself to an ice-cream and was tempted to rub it all over my steaming feet.

It was an excellent day. 
I'm now off to have a relaxing bath and then lie down in a darkened room to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment